Here at Eco-Friendly Optical, we like to make sure our customers are “crystal clear” on how any information you give us or authorize us to receive may be used/disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What Information Eco-Friendly Optical Collects
- Account Creation. When you create an account with us, you provide us your name, username, email address, and password
- Purchase or Use of Our Services. If you make a purchase, we request information from you that will help us process and fulfill your order. This information may include:
- Your Name, Email Address, Shipping Address, Billing Address, Phone Number, and Date of Birth
- Prescription Information. Which can include any images of prescriptions that you provide us and any information you give us through the Pupillary Distance Measurement Function of the Services, which may include your photo. We also obtain any information that appears on the prescription form.
- Medical History and Information that you either provide us or authorize us to request and receive from other providers, entities, organizations, and/or individuals.
- Information about the products you choose to try on and purchase
- Information about other people, such as when you direct us to send a gift card or when you purchase eyeglasses on behalf of your family, friends, or relatives.
- Third Party Services. We collect information from Third Party Services that you explicitly give us access to.
- Contact Information. Such as your phone number, social media, handle, or email (depending on your method of contact with us)
- Credit Card Information. When you make a purchase through our Services, we use a third party payment processor (Square) that will collect and use any information on the credit card that you decide to use with us. Information may include billing and shipping address, credit card number, expiration date, and security code. We do not retain such information unless it is a card you authorize us to keep on your account or file for future purchases. Which you can remove for your account during any time at your discretion.
- Live Chats and Customer Service Help. We make it our #1 priority that you receive the best customer service and most exceptional shopping experience we can provide. If you contact us by phone (calling or texting), email, or live chats, we may keep a record of your contact information for future reference. Which includes Name, Phone Number, Email, and any Survey Responses you choose to complete for us.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
- To provide, enhance, and personalize our products and our Service
- To expedite the sale and fulfillment of your purchases
- To contact you regarding your concerns, comments, questions, suggestions and updated on your order.
- To understand your use of our Service and make improvements to our website and your customer experience.
- To provide you with information, recommendations, and marketing materials about our products and Service.
- For any other internal business purposes.
Prescription. When you submit your prescription to us whether through an image submission or with our Patient Record & Information Release Authorization Form, we may use your Health and Personal Information to provide exceptional customer service to you and/or to communicate with you about your prescription and any questions you may have. We will under no circumstance, license or sell your personal health information.
Photos and Images. When you submit or authorize us to take a photo, facial scan, or any other images of you, we do not share tases photos or images with any third parties, but we may use them to:
- Measure your Pupillary Distance and Ocular Center, and to gather other optical information
- Outline and Measure Your Facial Characteristics. We do this to make sure the frame you have chosen or will choose will look good with your face shape.
- Help us gather information on how our frames fit on our customers and how to better provide frame recommendations.
- Help us better tailor, enhance, and personalize our products and Service to provide you a better shopping experience.
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
Business Operations. To ensure that we are able to quickly and accurately fulfill your order, we may share your information for the following purposes:
- Order Fulfillment
- Delivery Services
- Payment Processing
- Website Related Services (ex. Web Hosting/Database Security)
- Marketing Services
- Data Analytics
To Protect Us and Others. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Your Doctor and Dispensing Optician. We may share your information with your prescribing optometrist if you had any issues with your prescription and/or asked us to request your prescription from your optometrist for you. We may also share your information with your dispensing optician for any troubleshoots, frame and lens recommendations.
4. Our Commitment to The Protection of Your Information
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously. We understand the sensitivity of information you may give us (ex. Prescription). So we have many security measures in place to ensure we properly safeguard your personal information. Such as, only providing limited access to authorized employees and third parties who have the duty to keep all Protected Health Information (PHI) confidential.
5. Age of Consent
By using this Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province or country of residence. We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to use our Patient Record & Information Release Authorization Form or our Service. Nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Ave (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may use our Service on behalf of such minor child.
If you have any questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, the age of consent, or if you believe any child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
7. Access of Third Parties to Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
8. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as you are registered on our Service and for a reasonable time thereafter.
We also use your personal information to contact you with our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided. Please note that we may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information related to your use of the Service; you may not opt out of these notifications.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of the assets of the Service and Services, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, assets sale, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will notify you in writing if this is done.
Users of our Service will not be sent any unsolicited commercial emails. In the event such an email is sent, please notify us immediately.
The Service will send you e-mails, but no unsolicited third-party emails will be sent without notification.
10. Account Closure
At any time, you may delete your account by going into your account settings and following the instructions. Or you may contact us by email to delete your account.
11. Vendor Servicing
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf or to perform Service-related services including but not limited to Service maintenance, database management, web analytics, fraud and identity protection services, Service cosmetic and functionality improvement, and any transfer of published information for use in mobile devices (i.e. mobile applications and mobile pages).
These third parties may have access to your personal information; however, third party access is the sole purposes of carrying out the actions listed in this paragraph. The third parties will not disclose any personal information.
We take identity protection from theft and “phishing” very seriously. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information (if provided), your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. If you get any such email or phone call asking you for this information, you should ignore it and not provide the information.
13. Social Media
If you connect your account on our Service to your account on social networking sites for the purpose of logging in, uploading information, or enabling certain features on our Service, we may collect the personally-identifying information you have made publicly available on the social media site, such as your name, profile picture, cover photo, username, gender, friends network, age range, locale, friend list and any other information you have made public. Once connected, other users may also be able to see information about your social network, such as the size of your network and your friends, including common friends. By connecting your social media account to our Service, you hereby consent to the continuous release of information about you to us. We will not send any of your account information to the connected social media site without first disclosing that to you. Each social media network may further allow you to set privacy controls around your information on their system, and our collection of information will always follow such controls and permissions. This feature is subject to continuous change and improvement by us and each social networking site involved, and therefore the available features and shared information are subject to change without notice to you.
We may use hyperlinks on the Service which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” Button, Twitter’s “Tweet” Button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons, none of your data will be sent to the respective social networks plugin provider.
14. Contact Us